MATLAB is a high-level language and interactive environment for numerical computation, visualization, and programming. Using MATLAB, you can analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and applications. The language, tools, and built-in math functions enable you to explore multiple approaches and reach a solution faster than with spreadsheets or traditional programming languages, such as C/C++ or Java.
You can use MATLAB for a range of applications, including signal processing and communications, image and video processing, control systems, test and measurement, computational finance, and computational biology. More than a million engineers and scientists in industry and academia use MATLAB, the language of technical computing.
Release 2015b includes updates to MATLAB®, Simulink®, and 83 other products.
In the MATLAB product family:
* The new execution engine runs MATLAB code faster
* The Add-On Explorer allows you to find and install add-ons from MathWorks and the user community
* New functions let you create and visualize graphs and networks
* The redesigned navigation and keyboard shortcuts in documentation help you find information faster
You can deploy MATLAB components and integrate them with Python applications, and perform 3D point cloud processing such as geometric shape fitting. New machine learning capabilities include PCA feature transformation in the Classification Learner app, and GPU acceleration for 65 functions.
In the Simulink product family, you’ll find:
* A new interface in the Scope block
* Multilingual block and signal names
* Always-on tuning of block parameters and workspace variables
* The ability to create reusable project components.
You can queue new message objects that carry data in Stateflow®, do faster parameter estimation and response optimization using both parallel computing and Simulink Fast Restart, and perform vulnerability detection checks on your code. For signal processing, you’ll see enhanced waveform generation, and new analysis and visualization capabilities. Also take advantage of code generation enhancements and new hardware support.